From 2004 to 20111, Mr. Robinson has served as an appointee for the California EPA– Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) under Governors Jerry Brown and Arnold Schwarzenegger. He was a member of the Executive Team that created the Climate Change Policy in California – and the Safer Consumer Products Policy. Previously, he served former Governors Pete Wilson and Gray Davis on the Colorado River Board of California.
Prior to his appointments, Mr. Robinson was the Environmental Safety Manager at TAMCO Steel. Located in Rancho Cucamonga with 350 employees, it is California’s only steel mill. At TAMCO Steel, Mr. Robinson initiated two recycling programs: used oil filters into steel reinforcing bar (rebar) for use in the construction industry – and confiscated firearms into rebar called “Project Isaiah”. An informal poll revealed that Leonard Robinson had one of the most difficult environmental jobs in California.
Mr. Robinson has hosted a variety of radio shows: “Leonard Robinson Radio Show”; “Going Green With EnviroBro”; Todays Talk – Green & Sexy; EnviroMinutes; and appears on The Career Engineer Radio Show. He has appeared as a guest on Good Morning Sacramento. In addition he has served as a keynote speaker and panelist at several major conferences and workshops.
Mr. Robinson association participation include:
- President of Keep California Beautiful (KCB)
- Vice-Chair of Communities Health Charities of California (CHCC)
- Chair of the California Black Chamber of Commerce Energy & Environmental Committee
- Boardmember of Green Technology and Employment (GreenTech)
- Advisor on the CSUS Leadership for the Government Executive Continuing Education Program
- Advisor on the Advanced Technology Energy & Environmental Center (ATEEC)
- Chair of the Environment Committee for the Steel Manufacturers Association
- Clean Air & Energy
Friday & Saturday | Closed